Senior Yacht Designer
Designing yacht and residential interiors.
An exciting opportunity has become available at Mark Berryman Design for a senior yacht designer. You will need to have a minimum of 3 years of experience in the marine industry and be able to commute to our studio in Lymington Hampshire for this full-time role, in our very busy office.
Job description/skills required.
- Experience of yacht interiors essential.
- Fluent in English, written and verbal.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Team focused.
- Analysing the needs for project feasibility
- Delivering on internal and external deadlines in a timely manner.
- Advanced skills in AutoCAD. 2D essential and 3D a benefit
- Photoshop an advantage, but not essential.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Committed, self-motivated, focused, able to manage priorities, reliable, with a good team spirit.
- Strong creative thinking skills to communicate your ideas.
- Highly creative and passionate; dedicated to always delivering an excellent service.
- Confident in presenting work to various parties including clients.
- Ability and hands-on experience with managing the various phases of a high-end project.
- Understanding the needs for project feasibility.
- A good knowledge base of furniture detailing, and construction methods required.
- Able to travel abroad regularly as required. This can be fortnightly at times.
- Driving licence
Please send a cover letter and current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Sourcing and procurement of fabrics, furniture and lighting.
Mark Berryman Design are looking for a good all-round FF&E Coordinator to join our very busy studio in Lymington, Hampshire.
We are looking for a friendly, enthusiastic multitasker who is willing to muck in with everything – no two days will be the same.
You will ideally have experience in the marine industry, but high end residential is also desirable. This role involves multitasking skills with a good appreciation of high-end design.
- Excellent communication skills, attention to detail and good problem solving.
- A good knowledge of suppliers is a must.
- Experience of incoterms and logistics of shipping helpful.
- Minimum of two years post qualification experience with a degree or equivalent qualification in interior design desired.
- Procurement experience.
- Experience in FF&E specifications of all soft and hard materials/finishes and project schedules.
- Up to date knowledge of furniture, lighting suppliers and their products on varied budgets.
- Ability to present to clients confidently.
- Proficient in Photoshop & InDesign.
- Driving licence and ability to commute to Lymington for this full-time role.
We would love to hear from you if you would like to join our studio and be part of a fast-paced friendly team.
Please send cover letter and current CV to email@example.com